This is a simple tutorial for how to instagram your pictures via Photoshop.
- Open up Photoshop and select the ‘photo’ option in the original popup, I selected a 4×6 because the photo I picked was landscape style.
- When you select everything, you should have a blank slate going on, a little something like this…
- Next, pick your photo! If you’re lucky like me, you’ve got the cutest mom and cutest dog in the world to put into this bad boy.
- As a reference: File > Open > Find your picture in your files.
- Next, go up and click Layer, then add new. There are multiple ways to get this same effect, I just get nervous using the Command + anything for fear of deleting all my work.
- As soon as you have your adjustment layer, you are up and running. Editing pictures in photoshop is just a constant trial and error. So go ahead and play with it!
- First off, play with the brightness and contrast. They really change the way a photo looks, even more than you would think.
- However, don’t get too gung-ho with some of these for fear of looking like an early-Instagram filter and not a chic edit of your favorite pic.
- Next, find what you DO like. For this picture, I decided to do something kind of chilly and fall-like, but I wanted to pull out the reds because they’re very prevalent in the leaves. Check it out.
- The picture was still a touch too bright for what I had in mind, so I snuck over to saturation and pulled some color right out without sacrificing the integrity of the colors we just worked so hard to pull out.
- Finally finally, we darken the reds a little to brighten the picture up again. It makes the picture look rich, especially when the red is so sparse.
- Next, export the picture and save it as whatever your little heart desires! You now have a beautiful portrait to hang or have an artist do their own rendition of it if you have that kind of cash hanging around.